Jd Byrider - Garnishment of my wages after repossessing and reselling vehicle

Ok so in 2009 CNAC finance for JD by rider wouldnt work with me after i lost my only income was bout to lose my house and now their garnishing my wages and trying to take my tax refund for a vehicle which they not only took back and didnt tell me it s in repossession so i could chose the option of returning it but also resold it for more and the are trying to get the whole amount of the vehicle thats not worth itI would never ever recommend them to anyone Dont go there is what i would say!!!

More Review Details

Helpful? 26 Yes 26 27 No 27
Had the same issue 27 Yes 27
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 03, 2015 #1073341

They are doing the same thing to me are they garnish your wages?

Definite

Oct 16, 2015 #1049398 Phoenix, Arizona

This makes NO sense. Ha. First off - You should know if you're in reposession because it's simple logic - Did you make your payment on time? No? BAM - you're in reposession and they're coming for their property. It's not rocket science "BRUH". haha - The ONLY way they would pursue you for additional monies is if you wrecked the vehicle, full coverage insurance only covered the equity of the vehicle and there was a balance ABOVE the equity (which you agreed to upon signing the contract) for the cost of the vehicle in which you financed. THEN you still owe them more, and if taken to civil court, CAN result in a judgement of wage garnishment. Simple logic. Lol

0 2 Reply
Gotcha

Jul 08, 2014 #837610 Indianapolis, Indiana

You probably work for JD Byrider trying to scare people. They can't garnish your wages. This is why they charge more than double of what the car is worth on the lot because of high risk.

15 9 Reply
Squirrel

Mar 26, 2015 #963838 Ashland, Kentucky

So they can't garnish your wages?

Jun 30, 2015 #1001803

They do garnish.. Cuz they have garnished my wages foe 2600 dollars and I only owed 1200...

Aug 30, 2015 #1027439

not in pa they can't nice try

1 0 Reply
fuckjd

Jan 30, 2013 #601355 East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

Honestly i just let them repo the car. I want to go in the army and i planned on filing bankruptcy neway becuz of previous medical bills. So i let them take it amd i added it to the bankruptcy so by the time i get out the army the bankruptcy will b off my credit and in the mean time i dont have to deal with rotten sales associates from jd byrider.

5 0 Reply
Fred

Sep 14, 2012 #542257

Those of you giving these people a hard time, show some compassion. Seriously!!! People have a hard time sometimes and enter into situations that they otherwise would not because of a pressing need, bad credit, and sometimes circumstances beyond their control (like death of a spouse, loss of a residence, etc.)

To those of you struggling, I understand your pain, I am also struggling. They offered me a brand new car if I were to agree to a voluntary repossession on the other car instead of trading in. They say if I trade in, they want about $2,000 down. I am simply doing research and after hearing much of what I have found online I refuse to agree to a voluntary repossession. I may just have to struggle a little while longer and know that everything may take a long time, but be worth it in the long run. It's hard I know but keep your head up, things will get easier. And I am not just saying that because I am at a comfortable spot in life, I am saying that because I share the same struggle you are goiung through. We will make it.

Fred

Sep 14, 2012 #542256

Larry

Dec 16, 2011 #392354

Voluntary repossession does not = you kept up your end of our agreement but I have not, so I'll give the car back with depreciation and higher miles on it and call it even. You bought it not rented it, you still owe for it.

1 4 Reply
unlucky

Nov 25, 2011 #380249

So I financed a car last month from JD BYRIDER and I was currently paying on my deferred down deposit which was 200 a month due on saturdays I paid my payment on time every time then last saturday I call cnac to pay over the phone and they tell me they cant accept my payment over the phone that I have to go into my local jd byrider office and make the payment because I am in my deferred payment plan anyways I tell them that I wont be able to make it to the office because of personal reasons then the cnac lady freaks out and says that I have until 5:30 that day to call back and tell them what I am doing first off my payment was due that day it wasnt like I was late and they were already freaking out. Well anyways Sunday comes around and I didnt make it in there like i told them i wouldnt be able to and obviously the dealership is closed on sundays. So Monday rolls around and i call cnac first thing that morning and tell them that I didnt make it my local office and i wanna pay over the phone she then denies me telling me she cant except my payment because someone at the local office wanted to talk to me. Tuesday comes around and I had to work some overtime that day so once again i wasnt going to be able to make it to the local office so I had my wife take the payment into them then they refused to take the payment from her they tell her i need to call them. Wednesday comes around and I call my local office to get things figured out they then transer me back to the cnac... Show more

6 5 Reply
medicine man

Nov 16, 2011 #375821

the problem is not bad cars, bad credit or any of that, the problem is a lack of common sense and a sense of survival. if u behave like a victom, u get treated like a victom. the same money that u are giving these cats is the same money u can use to repair what u have. assume some responsibility. if u got shafted u loosened ur own belt!!!

0 6 Reply
Janet

Nov 13, 2011 #373711

OK..my sister bought a car from them and is not having any of the problems others are having, I am a FINANCE manager for a MAJOR car dealership and I looked over her contract! Please what you have to understand you signed a contract that tells you, you have to pay even like any other BANK...and if you don't pay then YES it could lead to a repossession, just like any other bank...and since you signed a LEGAL binding contract You may have your wages GARNISHED if not paid! My sister did have a transmission problem and yes they did fix it! Yes CNAC does call you, but please keep in mind they are giving people a chance to rebuild or build there credit, they are taking a chance on people who I WOULD NOT GIVE A LOAN TO!!!! and if I did I would want $4000 down and would possibly charge you as much in interest that I did for the vehicle!

1 8 Reply
Rlm27

Nov 18, 2015 #1065841

As this I agree is true with what u said to a certain extent. I was in a bad situation my son is handicap and I take care of him full time I make 8.00 an hour which is not that great bc I can't go do what I used to making way better money. To me jd byrider r crooks bc they say they will help u when u r so desperate bc your credit is not 100 percent or with my problem I did not have a down payment. So yes they do have a 3 yr warranty but usually u have to argue with them to get something fixed. My car payment is 239 dollars every 2 weeks I have to make trips to cinccinati every few months so I need a dependable car so therefore I have to pay why is it that they have to make it sooooo hard on people that r trying I have never ever been late on my car payment before besides 1 particular time I only had 200 dollars for that 2 week payment and needless to say they threatened to repo it over 39 bucks I paid the 39 dollars before I received the letter and called Cnac to ask why I have been a customer with them for 4 and 1/2 years and they were so rude. But when I got the car they were so nice. It's just sad that yea people make mistakes on the credit but they don't leave enough money to repair your credit at all and if u get your hours cut like I have at my job recently they do not work with u at all, so I guess by your post u r saying that in fact all people who have bad credit shouldn't complain bc they sign a contract!!! Well other places like Warner Kia and Chevy do not... Show more

jason

Nov 08, 2011 #371052

i have brough 2 car from them one in 2003 and 2006 and brough need repaired but i had a good outside mech who fix problems butyes cnac hasess u

Not happy...

Nov 03, 2011 #368648

Same thing here, and now they are taking my taxes. I've made monthly payments since I did a voluntary repossession, but they are charging me 13% interest still. My amount owed has increased over $1500.00 since I set up a payment plan. I'm going to have to file bankruptcy, or it will just continue to grow.

1 0 Reply
Pulltype

Oct 31, 2011 #366720

You let all this happen by not doing proper paperwork follow-up. Why?

0 3 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Jd Byrider. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Jd Byrider.
Filing a new complaint about
×