JD Byrider - Garnishment of my wages after repossessing and reselling vehicle

Oct 30, 2011
review #271703

Ok so in 2009 CNAC finance for JD by rider wouldnt work with me after i lost my only income was bout to lose my house and now their garnishing my wages and trying to take my tax refund for a vehicle which they not only took back and didnt tell me it s in repossession so i could chose the option of returning it but also resold it for more and the are trying to get the whole amount of the vehicle thats not worth itI would never ever recommend them to anyone Dont go there is what i would say!!!

ab294bb
Had an experience with JD Byrider?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Gotcha

Jul 08 Indianapolis, Indiana

You probably work for JD Byrider trying to scare people. They can't garnish your wages. This is why they charge more than double of what the car is worth on the lot because of high risk.

fuckjd

Jan 30, 2013 East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

Honestly i just let them repo the car. I want to go in the army and i planned on filing bankruptcy neway becuz of previous medical bills. So i let them take it amd i added it to the bankruptcy so by the time i get out the army the bankruptcy will b off my credit and in the mean time i dont have to deal with rotten sales associates from jd byrider.

1 0 Reply
Fred

Sep 14, 2012

Those of you giving these people a hard time, show some compassion. Seriously!!! People have a hard time sometimes and enter into situations that they otherwise would not because of a pressing need, bad credit, and sometimes circumstances beyond their control (like death of a spouse, loss of a residence, etc.)

To those of you struggling, I understand your pain, I am also struggling. They offered me a brand new car if I were to agree to a voluntary repossession on the other car instead of trading in. They say if I trade in, they want about $2,000 down. I am simply doing research and after hearing much of what I have found online I refuse to agree to a voluntary repossession. I may just have to struggle a little while longer and know that everything may take a long time, but be worth it in the long run. It's hard I know but keep your head up, things will get easier. And I am not just saying that because I am at a comfortable spot in life, I am saying that because I share the same struggle you are goiung through. We will make it.

Fred

Sep 14, 2012

Larry

Dec 16, 2011

Voluntary repossession does not = you kept up your end of our agreement but I have not, so I'll give the car back with depreciation and higher miles on it and call it even. You bought it not rented it, you still owe for it.

unlucky

Nov 25, 2011

So I financed a car last month from JD BYRIDER and I was currently paying on my deferred down deposit which was 200 a month due on saturdays I paid my payment on time every time then last saturday I call cnac to pay over the phone and they tell me they cant accept my payment over the phone that I have to go into my local jd byrider office and make the payment because I am in my deferred payment plan anyways I tell them that I wont be able to make it to the office because of personal reasons then the cnac lady freaks out and says that I have until 5:30 that day to call back and tell them what I am doing first off my payment was due that day it wasnt like I was late and they were already freaking out. Well anyways Sunday comes around and I didnt make it in there like i told them i wouldnt be able to and obviously the dealership is closed on sundays. So Monday rolls around and i call cnac first thing that morning and tell them that I didnt make it my local office and i wanna pay over the phone she then denies me telling me she cant except my payment because someone at the local office wanted to talk to me. Tuesday comes around and I had to work some overtime that day so once again i wasnt going to be able to make it to the local office so I had my wife take the payment into them then they refused to take the payment from her they tell her i need to call them. Wednesday comes around and I call my local office to get things figured out they then transer me back to the cnac... Show more

2 2 Reply
medicine man

Nov 16, 2011

the problem is not bad cars, bad credit or any of that, the problem is a lack of common sense and a sense of survival. if u behave like a victom, u get treated like a victom. the same money that u are giving these cats is the same money u can use to repair what u have. assume some responsibility. if u got shafted u loosened ur own belt!!!

Janet

Nov 13, 2011

OK..my sister bought a car from them and is not having any of the problems others are having, I am a FINANCE manager for a MAJOR car dealership and I looked over her contract! Please what you have to understand you signed a contract that tells you, you have to pay even like any other BANK...and if you don't pay then YES it could lead to a repossession, just like any other bank...and since you signed a LEGAL binding contract You may have your wages GARNISHED if not paid! My sister did have a transmission problem and yes they did fix it! Yes CNAC does call you, but please keep in mind they are giving people a chance to rebuild or build there credit, they are taking a chance on people who I WOULD NOT GIVE A LOAN TO!!!! and if I did I would want $4000 down and would possibly charge you as much in interest that I did for the vehicle!

jason

Nov 08, 2011

i have brough 2 car from them one in 2003 and 2006 and brough need repaired but i had a good outside mech who fix problems butyes cnac hasess u

Not happy...

Nov 03, 2011

Same thing here, and now they are taking my taxes. I've made monthly payments since I did a voluntary repossession, but they are charging me 13% interest still. My amount owed has increased over $1500.00 since I set up a payment plan. I'm going to have to file bankruptcy, or it will just continue to grow.

Pulltype

Oct 31, 2011

You let all this happen by not doing proper paperwork follow-up. Why?

0 1 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about JD Byrider.
Filing a new complaint about
×