13.7K views

On January 14th we decided to purchase a car from JDByrider on 5600 Sahara Avenue Las Vegas, NV 89146. We gave $600.00 down and we're told that we had to make payment of $200.00 for the next couple of months in order to complete our $1500.00 down payment. We completed the paperwork from with a gentleman named James who is the Finance Manager at this location. Lou Rodophele is part owner and Don Charlebois is partnered with Lou. Our last installment of our down payment was due on March 9th 2012. After working that Friday I assumed we would be able to pay the next day which would be a Saturday. Well, the day got the better of us. We ran errands and had received phone calls from them but knew that we would either get to it that day or in a worst case scenario on Monday morning. At 11:40pm or so on Saturday evening we were running out to get a gallon of milk. We saw our car pulled out from our spot in our condominium complex. My Boyfriend confronted them and they advised us they were there to repossess the car. We we're in disbelief. How could they come get the car after only one day late? We waited it out on Sunday as we could not do anything on that day because the business was closed. On Monday March 11th 2012 after trying to get a hold of the correct person (which in this case was Jerry Slaughter Finance Manager) we were told that we could not pick up the car and that was not an option. I am a 33 year old working class woman who has a 15 year old son and lives in Las Vegas, NV. I went to JDByrider for all the other reasons people have gone there. I have less than perfect credit. My FICO credit score was a 611 when I walked in there 2 months ago and now after trying to build it, I will have a much greater task than what I started with. I will probably have to now file bankruptcy Chapter 7 because the car is obviously a loss cause (they will not work with me). I can get the car back with Chapter 13 but why would I? Why would I want the car back when they obviously interact on a very unfair business level? This post is simply a post that has started because of what I am facing at this time. I work for an agency and I had to call them today and tell them the harsh truth of my story. Thankfully, there are still people in this economy that care and I can finish out the week and she will look for something for me that MAY be accessible to me by public transportation. I can only go day by day at this point but I feel very strongly about the business practices of JDbyrider. This post serves as a word to the wise. Please don"˜t be as naïve as I and my boyfriend were. If you are in a jam of any sort KEEP calling around. If JDByrider is your last option then please understand that after being only one day late, as I was, that your whole entire world can be placed upside down. That is not the feeling of safety and security that you are supposed to have when rebuilding your credit and purchasing a vehicle for yourself and your family's well being.

I have looked at my rights and though JDByrider operates in a grey area of the law, I understand that this will continue if someone doesn't speak up. It is because of hardship that most us can't walk into a REAL dealership, but to be taken advantage of when you're already down is not something that I would not like to see continue. If you have been a victim of JDbyrider and/or CNAC unfairly and unjustly use the e-mail below to contact me as this is a case will require numbers to be heard. I can't do this alone.

jdbyridersthieves@hotmail.com

Comments

They have harsh scare tactics but the warranty is great.They also will work on anything outside of the warranty and let you make payments on the price.

Im sure you went to jd because nobody else would help you.

That alone should make it your top priority to make payments ontime.Just try hard and soon you will own a car but always make sure to invest into getting things fixed on your vehicle here and there.

This company is Franchise owned.So every dealership has different managers, sales people, etc.

They are rated HIGHLY on BBB, and have a 93% customer service rating! So this means you represent part of the 7% crowd. In the subprime auto market, getting a 24,000 Mile Warranty is actually going above and beyond. Also in my local area the definition of mileage varies from 60k-130k.

However in my Area many BHPH lots have cars with higher down payments, on higher mileage vehicles, and NO warranty (As Is)...

Based on the MILLIONS of vehicles they have sold, I think thier is more to the story than you putting out thier.Good luck in your pursuit of getting better hand in the deck.

ransom

Another funny thing about these kind of reports and responses is that if someone disagrees with you they are accused of working for the 'company'.

This is silly, probably NONE of the people telling you that you should consider making your payments on time work for JD Byrider or the finance company. They are just people who pay their bills on time every time. We just don't understand the deadbeat attitude.

to ransom #1393559

My payments are on time and current...

I'm in a domestic violence shelter and they want to take me car because I will not disclose where I'm living...Or working...

my life is in real danger.......

So I make my payments after hours on the phone...

I'd rather drive the car in to a river...

but I need it to go to work.

JD Byrider is worst them owing money to the mob...

ransom

You people are threatening lawsuits because you made late payments and they took back they're collateral?Ridiculous.

Just make your payments and none of this happens.

These kinds of companies have to deal with deadbeats all the time and they've heard every excuse in the book.

Whatever the excuse is, it doesn't change the fact that you are not paying back the money on time that you agreed to in a contract you signed.

It's too bad but there are consequences to defaulting on a legal contract.

And NO, I do not work for this company, I don't even know if there is one in my area.I just know I have to pay my bills, the company is not a charity.

to ransom #1394632

Yo but wipe ive made my payments want to explain why they took my car people like you run your mouth and have led silver spoon lives.. Dont bash others especially if you dont know or dont understand peoples situations

to Anonymous #1395050

Yeah just because some people don't max thier credit, or pay thier bills on time, we have silver spoon syndrome..Yeah! It's simple, it's called being a moron with your money, and financial decesions, or...you wouldn't be looking at Sub Prime Auto financing...LoL, like really!

to simpldoneauto #1397667

You people are in a good place with money but some people are just making do ok dose not mean that they are deadbeat at all thing in life happen

to ransom #1395049

The national default rate in subprime is 8%...So, I'm sure they have heard every excuse in the book over a few million sales they have on book.

to simpldoneauto #1410828

Karma is a ***!!! It must be really hard falling over your ego so much. Fountainhead You!!!