19.7K views

I worked at all three corperate stores.When I first started working there I was told to fix the vehicles as if my wife were going to drive them.I thought how could a place that thinks like this have such a bad rep,Well as the years passed and I went from the store I started at to the main store the value of the company switched from customer satisfaction to the bottom line.As usual you start out with a good idea and it get turned around by corperate greed.I went from fixing the autos to fixing what had to be fixed to sell it.The little power struggles in the company just made these issue worse.One of the companies supposed policies is promote within,unless you a technician,no matter how hard you work to go up the ladder you'll always be their peon.I recall times when I've repair vehicles with duct tape,and window caulk.Yes customer cars and this was what I was told to do.When and if you go to buy a car expect 18 to 20+ percent interest and you probably won't know what the total price of this vehicle is till your poised over the final paper with pen in hand.They do NOT replace major components with ANY rebuilt parts they are salvage yard parts.Engines transmission differentials are all replace with JUNKYARD PARTS!!!I know I did it at the main store for over three years.Not a franchise store but the MAIN CORPERATE STORE!Another supposed value is truth and honesty in everything that you say and do.Except when it isn't convenient for the bottom line.And when you think they should just trade you out of the lemon you've got and they give you the supreme run around.Remember this the company president backed his Hummer into a guys truck out at his house and just gave him another truck from the main store inventory.Once you sign the papers,they have you!You have no recoarse,beleave me they've been doing this for years and they have some very smart lawyers and financial advisors on their payroll or in their pocket.

I highly suggest you look for that GOOD CAR anywhere but at J D Byrider!!!!

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 15, 2008.

Comments

We purchased a car from there, 27th st. In milwauke, wi..

Of course, didn't know full price and I had been asking for the correct vin because it was missing one digit on purchase sticker, the one that has all details of the car, everything it has and doesn't have. Well, I asked for that several times and the guy would always deter and go into something else. Then there are the papers, we believed what the salesman told us. Then ironically iI dow sign and get what ive been asking for but he purposely distracted me with what i thought was important.

I want to see how many owners and where the car has been. 4 owners! Longest with a RENTAL CAR CO.!! Then an auction!!!

This car is a fortune, 400 a month and it has been a death trap. You should feel safe in a vehicle. Not scared to death you're going to crash because of this and now that and it was so bad that I wasn't having fun driving in our car long. I was telling my son to be quiet because I have to go around this bridge that is normally 45 mph ..

I had to go 5 to 10 because the steering was messed up since day one but got worse and then I realized a couple months later. A car that is worth what I already paid into the car, and to fix the car they want to try and give us another loan to help so we have our car. NO, IT'S FOR THEM TO GET THEIR MONEY BEFORE THEY FIX ANYTHING AND THEY WOULDN'T EVEN DRIVE IT THEMSELVES FAR BC THEY SAID IT WASN'T SAFE TO DRIVE!!! THEN WHY ARE YOU SENDING US HOME IN A CAR THAT IS A DEATH TRAP??

I ASKED FINANCE 6 MONTHS AFTER WE GOT THE CAR IF WE COULD TRADE FOR A DIFFERENT CAR. SHE TOLD ME NO AT CNAC .AND THAT JD BYRIDER WILL FIX IT WITH THE WARRANTY THAT IS STILL GOOD!!? WHAT? SO, THIS SOUNDS LIKE A NEWS MEDIA ISSUE NOW.

ALL THE USED SALESMAN WAS ADAMANT ABOUT WAS I'M TEXTING YOU THIS LINK, PLEASE IF YOU COULD WHILE YOU'RE HERE, PLEASE PLEASE GIVE US ((5 ))I laughed and told my husband, don't reply and don't leave a review. Because i was seeing how they may have a 5 rating for a different reason, If everyone leaves those reviews right away, ..how do they know to give them 5 until after you bought the car and drove it around for a while, in different weather because you may end up like us. They sold us a car that was not happy times but dreadful terrifying and feeling helpless and hopeless. I'm glad I found your post.

Those are astounding things but I hate to say this, but I a very bad feeling from the very beginning of purchase. The few extremely important facts and details, were the iast of the puzzle pieces to complete the full picture. They won't get away with this. One way or another, the truth and facts speak for themselves.

Thank you for everything! Sincerely,

Alls i will say is buyer beware. Understand you are or were in a predicament where the only place that would finance you was a buy here/pay here.

They are taking a risk and charge for it. You bought a USED car, no one has a crystal ball to see what is going to happen with it. Buy extended service to protect yourself. And last but definitely not least, READ the contract.

Once you sign you are liable. No questions asked.

No crying about anything. Youre an adult making an adult decision no one to blame but yourself.

to Anonymous #1395055

That is True

to Simplydoneauto #1400373

Go to ***! What if it happened to you?

What would you do?

How would you handle payments for a car for 10 years and still owing money? Be an adult and answer that!

to Anonymous #1608956

I hate people like this. It’s so easy to say something like this to someone else’s situation when you do not deal with it firsthand.

Who are you to say any of these unuseful words on a forum that is asking for advice? Typical self-entitled “adult”. Don’t comment on people’s situations if you’re going to say irrelevant things. Obviously they know they have made a mistake, just as everybody does.

There was no point in saying “no crying about anything”. Who are YOU to think you can say that to a stranger.

People like you are the absolute worst. Nobody needs this inneffectual comment.

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1302052

I BOUGHT A NISSAN ALTIMA 2012 AND IS HORRIBLE CVT SOUND FROM THE TRANSMISSION JDBYRYDER SOLD ME A BAD CAR IT VIBRATES AT HIGH SPEEDS ON THE HYWAY IM GONNA GET CONSUMER AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT IM DISSAPOINTED ABOUT MY CAR AND JD BYRYDER

Lewes, Delaware, United States #1297866

thank you my experience with jd.byrder.was I was getting my car service more than being happy I had a car

Lexington, Kentucky, United States #1227761

What about IS By Ryder in Lexington, Kentucky

to Are they a good car- lot #1395056

Are you still in the market, or No? If so...email me @ cnacoons77@gmail.com

to Simplydoneauto #1451458

In the market for a car?

to Are they a good car- lot #1404545

Horrible!! First car had blown head gaskets.

They put me in a second car with a bad engine.

I put 2000 down for a peice of crap!! Runnnnnnn!!!!!!

Lexington, Kentucky, United States #1194104

We have 2 vehicles from there. One being a 2009 Ford Focus and 1 being a 2008 Chevy Uplander.

Since day 1 the uplander has been an issue. They continue to replace wheel bearings every 3-6 months. The focus is a piece of ***. Will die in the middle of traffic, won't shift gears, and then everything on the dash, lights, sensors, gas, mileage and speedometer will STOP working.

One hard shift of the transmission and everything is working again. The JD Byrider in Lexington is a joke. Because we bought the car in Barboursville WV they barely do the work that needs to be fixed. Why should I have to pay out of pocket if both cars have a warranty.

Trust US stay clear from this place. We still owe 40 grand combined on both vehicles, about ready to leave both cars on their lot and just file bankruptcy.... CNAC is no better! You have one account manager who will work with you and is awesome.

Then you get a *** bag like Jennifer and she treats you like *** along with everyone else.

Just a disgusting outfit, had I read ALL the reviews I would have went somewhere else. STAY CLEAR OF THEM.

I bought a vehicle from JD Byrider and the deal that I bought it from closed down now I'm supposed to take my vehicle and an hour away to get it fix I took it to Pep Boys which they told me to Pep Boys charge me $153 and I'm still supposed to be under the warranty from JD Byrider

to Anonymous #1128605

Are you in GA?

Wish I would have read.this before last November!! Paying $19 grand for a $5000 car and like you said , wasn't told until the last page of signing..

Every single employee is terribly rude. How are they still in business??

Oh yeah..you said it...smart liars..I mean lawyers. Yucky.

to Anonymous Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #1121485

Bad the car that I got from JB Byrider I had to place the battery is stoprunning head to replace two tires I gotta two headlights now this shifting gears won't workall waters of book would not put it in neutral or reverse locked up on me the trunk broke inside real bad and is broke what more can I say they are to be shot down some one should look into this oil leak real bad had to replace the battery soon as I got it

I have no car now I am in taking care of my husband and he has to go a lot for blood work if you don't come and dance and he's a heart patient

to Anonymous #1395059

So you stated wasn't told, till the last page...But...You still agreed, and signed right? So who you upset with JDB or yourself?

to Simplydoneauto #1400376

Regardless, it is wrong to pay $19K for a $5K car. point.

blank. period.

I hate this place I'm paying 20,000 for a 2007 yes I'm a dummy .I made a fast move way to quickly because I was desperate for transportation the car runs fine .I just hate the customer service and high interest rate .

to Anonymous #1395060

After 18 months, pending you maintain a good payment record, your Auto Credit will go UP, then...You can upgrade or trade out of the vehicle. I used to work in F.I. Hope this helps!