Update by user May 14

After being a loyal customer for several years, I'd buy the entire dealership donuts every time I came in.Did preventative maintenance instead of waiting til something broke etc.

I had to replace my engine and I had already called their suppliers and got the part pricing, my engine is a 4 cylinder manual transmission, which is cheaper than automatics. They marked up the engine price then charged me $180 for a $90 tow and outsourced it to a repair shop that didn't even seal off the hoses to the A/C Condenser and released the Freon into the atmosphere which is a Federal Violation and Harmful to the Environment! They forgot that I also went through Automotive Technology Training so when they tried to give me their Song and Dance Routine I knew they were lying. Now their new Dealership Manager won't even look me in the eye or speak to me if I go in there.

I asked him for his name he just snapped at me and said "Jose!" I asked for his last name and his business card and he refused to give it to me. When I filed a complaint through the State Attorney General's office and also directly with their corporate division attaching a copy of Their Corporate Warranty that stated that they did not mark up their part prices, they lied to the Attorney General's office and refuse to respond to my emails, chats or phone calls. They have since modified their Corporate Warranty on their website and removed the statement saying that they don't mark up the part prices.

Doesn't matter because I kept a copy of their original one and it's on file.I won't give up until I get an answer from them.

Original review posted by user May 13

According to JDByrider's Corporate Policies they are not supposed to mark up their part prices.I was a loyal customer for several years and would even bring them donuts at my service appointments.

They marked up the price of my engine and Doubled the cost of the Tow Bill for my repair. When I confronted them about this and asked the new Manager for his name he just looked at me and said "Jose!" and refused to give me his last name or his business card. I reached out to the Corporation's Founding Member's Son James DeVoe who is one of the Board Members and he refused to respond also. They charged me over $1000 for a used engine for a 2006 vehicle!

I've worked in the automotive industry and called their part suppliers and the engine itself cost less than $600!

JDBYRIDER IS A BUNCH OF RIP-OFF ARTISTS WHO VICTIMIZE PEOPLE STRUGGLING WITH CREDIT ISSUES!THEY SCREWED ME OVER WORSE THAN THE BREAST CANCER I DEALT WITH THAT MESSED UP MY CREDIT!

Review about: Jd Byrider Car Repair.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Lies in service dept, Location i went to started marking up part prices.

Had an Experience with Jd Byrider?

Comments