1.5
Interest Rate

I was in desperate need of a vehicle.I had 2 previous vehicles that were paid for - free and clear of debt - break down within 2 months of each other.

Repairs to both collectively to get them going would have cost roughly $4k. I didn't have that kind of out of pocket money. I needed to have a car and was in dire straits. Long story; short, I ended up at JD Byrider....

Taken there by a so called friend; this was the beginning of my whirlwind experience. I was rushed in by the sales rep. They took my information for a credit check, and I gave them my infamous and REQUIRED 10 names, addresses and phone numbers as 'references'. These are given if you decide to default; they can hunt you down somehow.

And I mean HUNT you down. So I was approved for the loan and escorted outside. I was presented with a choice of 3 vehicles. I picked a 2010 Hyundai Accent Hatchback.

Then I was taken in to talk with the loan officer and didn't even know the price of the car... I went through the 'totally recorded' loan explanation process simultaneously going through the paperwork and signed on the not so dotted lines... I asked about my debt to income ratio when I found out how much my payment was going to be and the loan officer said well 'they' say you're fine.. They worked the down payment into the first few payments and then my payment amount was $389 and some change for the next 48 mos.

I left that room suffering from sticker shock but thankful that I had a vehicle... Oh.. I'm 58 yrs old and was turned down from conventional dealers because I had a 620 credit score, no auto loan history for a few years and I needed a co-signer.. The only person available to ask was my baby sister..

I wasn't asking out of stubborn pride. I then did some research and found out that my loan balance was roughly $12 grand and the book value of this vehicle is about $3,700.00... Man... *** me..

A world of regret and nothing I can do about it. It's been about a year now and I have made my payments faithfully.. BTW.. On the due date of my payment each month; I receive 2 texts, an email and lately have been receiving phone calls on the due date..

Just CHECK MY PAYMENT RECORD.. I answered the phone 6/28/17 on that day and encountered a representative asking for my payment. I immediately went on the defensive, but calmed down and said look - my payment is only due today.. why are you calling...

Well said she.. this is a 'reminder' call.. You've already sent me 2 texts and an email. She then said I can take you off the list.

I said please do. So we will now see. I feel that this is all just harassment and intimidation. Please DO NOT BUY from Byrider!!

Go somewhere else!! There are other options. Go find them. Don't be drawn in by this awful franchise and CNAC.

Don't let them think they're your only option. I want to start a class action lawsuit HELP PLEASE!

If there is anyone out there that has the same feelings and experiences please..relate..

Review about: Cnac Financing Auto Loan.

Reason of review: coersion.

Monetary Loss: $12000.

Preferred solution: Class action lawsuit.

I didn't like: Interest rate cost, Financing, High payment.

Had an Experience with Jd Byrider?

Comments

iamacevocals_23
Greenville, South Carolina, United States #1351327

Mine broje down too.With my kids in it.

They said so. And blew my wifes job phone up till we paid on a lemon. Still doesnt work after 9 months.

I am going to sue tgem and go to the new.Rip offs of hard wirking citizens.

State College, Pennsylvania, United States #1350603

We were in a similar situation.

These people are horrible!

Car broke down three times in the two week period. We expressed frustration with them, and my husband even called them to tell them there would be no payment due to this.

Didn't they call today and want payment?! My husband told them again the reason for skipping out on this payment.

They asked for proof of his lost wages due to the car being in the garage.

I'd love to go after these d-bags big time!